Basic Eligibility Criteria
- The company must be a Corporate Utility Member of CEA.
- The company must self-declare that its application will not adversely impact the reputation of the company and/or the Canadian Electricity Association (CEA) in a real or perceived way.
- The company must not have any major convictions, charges, and/or other incidents in 2014/2015 for violating any applicable federal/provincial/territorial laws and regulations (this applies to all laws and regulations that the company must adhere to). However, recognizing that not all convictions, charges, and incidents are of equal significance, the company may still apply provided a rationale is provided.
- The company must be in “good standing” on reporting sustainable development performance to CEA on an annual basis.
- The company must be able to show good overall performance in the category (environment, social, or economic) in which the award is sought for the year the application is made.
Awards Evaluation Panel
The Evaluation Panel is composed of members of the Sustainable Electricity Public Advisory Panel. From time to time, CEA may invite other individuals with expertise on environmental, social, and economic issues to join the program’s Public Advisory Panel in evaluating the submissions.
Once the applications are screened by CEA for basic eligibility criteria, the Evaluation Panel receives a package containing:
- Entry guidelines and criteria
- Qualified member submissions
- A scorecard to assist with the evaluation
The awards application and related guidance can be requested through Channa Perera, CEA’s Director of Sustainable Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The completed applications are due no later than 5.00 pm EST on May 1, 2015.